Interested people are invited to join members of the Ghost Watershed Alliance Society and the Alberta Backcountry Hunters and Anglers in a clean-up day in the Ghost watershed on Sunday, Aug. 14.
It's a four-hour cleanup that starts at noon. They'll be meeting at the South Ghost 4x4 staging area and you can find the location map here. The event wraps up with a BYO barbecue.
Garbage bags and work gloves will be provided for those who require them.
Organizers have provided some tips on what to bring to the event.
- Dress for potentially rapidly changing weather conditions in the mountains.
- Bring sturdy, waterproof hiking or work boots, work gloves, and safety glasses if you have them.
- Hat, sunscreen, and bug spray.
- If you have tools such as garbage pickers, please bring them along.
- Water for yourselves.
- Food if you plan on staying for the community BYO barbecue that follows.
You can register and get more information about the event here.