With extremely dry conditions and no precipitation on the horizon, Rocky View County Fire Services has issued a fire ban for both west and east Rocky View County, effective immediately.
RVC fire officials say the ban will remain in effect as long as high-risk conditions remain.
During a fire ban, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Oil well flaring (registration required -- call 403-264-1022)
For details on specific fire restrictions during a ban, visit our here.
For information on fire bans and advisories in other areas of the province, visit here.